The Weekly Review – Best practices
A weekly review of OKRs can be an effective way to ensure that you and your team are staying on track and making progress towards your objectives. Here’s how to do a weekly review of OKRs:
- Set aside a dedicated time for the review. It can be helpful to schedule a regular time each week to review your OKRs. This could be a stand-alone meeting or a part of a team meeting.
- Review your progress. Take some time to review the progress you’ve made towards each of your key results. Consider what has been accomplished, what challenges have arisen, and what actions have been taken to overcome those challenges.
- Identify any roadblocks. If you have encountered any roadblocks or obstacles that have prevented you from making progress towards your key results, identify those and consider how you can overcome them.
- Adjust your plan as needed. Based on your review of progress and any roadblocks, consider whether your current plan is still the best way to achieve your objectives. If not, make any necessary adjustments to your plan.
- Communicate with your team. Share your progress and any updates to your plan with your team. It can also be helpful to get feedback and input from team members on their progress and any challenges they have encountered.
- Update your tracking system. Make sure to update any tracking systems or tools you are using to monitor progress towards your OKRs. This could include a project management tool or a spreadsheet.
By conducting a weekly review of your OKRs, you can stay focused on your goals and ensure that you are making progress towards achieving them. It can also help to identify and address any challenges or roadblocks that may arise.